Two things moms worldwide will never turn down are handmade presents & meals their children have cooked. If the moms in your life are anything like me, than they cook at least one meal each day of the year. This Mother’s Day, help the kids take over the kitchen & give Mom a break.
With young children, it can be difficult to organize a meal that they can safely prepare. Obviously if they can’t reach the stove top, then they can’t use it. However, they can safely peel a banana, pour orange juice and now, cook Johnsonville Sausage. No grease burns or spills to be concerned about when you can microwave Johnsonville Original Recipe Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage. Adult supervision will still be required, especially with timing, but it certainly makes them feel more independent. By utilizing this handy breakfast item, the sky’s the limit for breakfast options.
In 40 seconds, faster than the kids can yell ‘Happy Mother’s Day!’, sausage is fully heated & ready to go. For once, there’s no worry about how long the sausage will take in the pan or when to begin the other breakfast elements. When they say 40 seconds, it really is 40 seconds! They only problem you’ll have is trying not to eat them before the meal is served. As a mom, I love that Johnsonville is a name I know & trust for my family. Each of their products is made of high-quality meat, tastes delicious & is priced just right.
When we started teaching the kids their kitchen independence, we began with breakfast. My husband taught them eggs & sausage on the stove about the time they started Kindergarten. Now, at 13, our youngest is the household’s breakfast aficionado. Although all 3 boys cook admirable breakfasts, the youngest just has a special knack for it. He makes a spot-on sunny-side up egg. I humbly admit that it is one egg dish I never mastered. Often, he’ll create his own breakfast sandwiches. Now that sausage can be prepared in a mere 40 seconds, he’ll be able to experiment with new sandwiches even on school days.
A number of terrific combos come to mind for the sausage. Mini pancakes with a sausage patty in between would mimic a certain ‘Mc’sandwich. Either homemade or heat & serve pancakes would do. French toast is always a winner so paired with these patties it becomes protein-packed perfection. Even cutting the sausages into quarters & adding to an omelet mix would be tasty. But, we decided that our ideal, Mother’s Day breakfast would be: Johnsonville Texas Toast Breakfast Sandwiches (feel free to substitute another, catchy name here!).
1 box, any brand frozen, Texas Toast
1 Package of Original Recipe Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage
Feel free to use the Turkey Sausage instead. We used Eggland’s Best eggs, but any brand will do.
1.Preheat oven to 425 (or per toast package directions.
2. Arrange toast, one slice high, across an ungreased baking sheet.
3. After preheating, put sheet in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until your desired shade of gold brown is achieve on the toast. Our bread had a 5 cheese mix. It took about 8-1/2 minutes total.
4. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
5. Heat skillet until spray is not longer visible.
6. Prepare eggs per personal preference. One egg per sandwich. With 8 pieces of toast, you’re looking at 4 sandwiches.
7. Place a paper towel on a microwave safe plate. When first egg is almost finished, place Johnsonville Sausages onto microwave safe plate. Per package directions, cook 2 at a time.
8. Remember, it’s only 40 seconds until awesome sausage!
9. After removing bread from oven, place one egg on 4 of the toast pieces.
10. Add 2 pieces of sausage on top of each egg.
11. Put another piece of bread on top.
12. Viola! Johnsonville Texas Toast Sandwiches!
*Kid & Dad tested and given thumbs up from all!!!
Johnsonville products are always a staple in our refridgerator due to their versatility. I’ve used their products for more dinners then I can count. We can always find them at our local Giant Eagle, but visit the Johnsonville site to locate them near you!
Whether you’re a mom, grandma, caregiver, guardian, or a nurturer in general, I wish you a wonderful & peaceful Mother’s Day. If you are looking to bless one of the above for their special day, above all else, make them feel appreciated. No gift can compare to that. Happy Mother’s Day!
*We were blessed by the fabulous folks at Johnsonville with product/comp in order to complete the post. ALL opinions are my own.